Governments are investing lots of money in educating people about their use of energy in the home and many people are taking actions towards becoming more energy efficient.
The additional benefit for many people is a reduction in fuel bills.
With the cost of energy continually rising many home owners are now looking at how they can save money through being more energy efficient.
Some of the most effective actions are listed below:
- Turn lights off when not in a room
- Use energy efficient light bulbs
- Turn all electrical appliances off when not in use
- Remove chargers and PC peripherals from plug sockets
- Reduce hot water thermostat to 60 degrees
- Reduce space heating thermostat to below 21 degrees depending on your needs
- Only switch heating and lighting when at home
- Only boil the water you need in the kettle
- Keep fridge and freezer doors shut as much as possible
- Dry clothes outside
Undertaking just a few of the measures above could save up to £30/$45 annually. Simply turning down your heating thermostat 1 degree could save up to 10% off your fuel bills every year.
More Tips Soon…